The Department of Environmental Science, Policy, and Management admits students for the Fall semester only. Applications for admission to the Fall semester will be available online at the Graduate Admissions Website on September 5th. We accept only online applications. Submission of a paper application will be accepted only under extreme circumstances and with prior departmental approval. The application and all supporting materials (transcripts, letters of recommendation), with the exception of GRE and TOEFL scores, must be received by December 1. Your application will not be reviewed until all materials have been submitted.
Application Deadlines and Information
- Graduate Application: December 1 MIDNIGHT Pacific Standard Time
- TOEFL and GRE scores: December 20
- Institution Code: 4833
- TOEFL Department Code 40
Please note: The GRE Department Code: 0110 is no longer needed.
Application for Graduate Admission
The Application and all supporting materials, with the exception of GRE and TOEFL scores, must be received by December 1. Your application will not be reviewed until all materials have been submitted.
- Faculty Sponsorship We REQUIRE that you list no more than four faculty members with whom you would like to work. List in order of preference and briefly explain your reasons. See Academic Divisions and Graduate Students to determine which ESPM faculty members are doing research that particularly interests you. Note: Upon admission to ESPM, each graduate student will be assigned a faculty sponsor. However, assignment of faculty sponsorship is not determined until all applications are reviewed and final admission offers have been made.
- Letters of Recommendation Three letters of recommendation are required. You will be asked to submit the names of your recommenders as part of the on-line application. We strongly recommend that you use the UC Berkeley’s on-line letter of recommendation system instead of having your recommenders send their letters through the mail. You will still be able to log in to the application and manage your letters of recommendation after you submit your on-line application.When seeking recommendations, please allow sufficient time for the letter to reach us by the December 1 application deadline.
- Final Decision on Acceptance Once ALL application materials are received, the ESPM Admissions Committee will review your application and then make recommendations for acceptance to the Dean of the Graduate Division. The final decision on admission acceptance is made by the Dean of the Graduate Division. We will notify you of your acceptance by late March.
Helpful information on submitting your application can be found at Graduate Admissions.