Systems ecology biological control
- Selected Publications (of 200+)Gutierrez, Andrew Paul, Luigi Ponti, C. Ken Ellis and Thibaud d'Oultremont (2008) Climatic Change Effects on tritrophic systems. Climatic Change 87: 167-192Pemsl, D., Gutierrez, A.P., Waibel, H. (2007). The Economics of Biotechnology under Ecosystems Disruption. Ecological Economics 66:177-183.Gutierrez, A.P. and J. Baumgartner (2007). Modeling the dynamics of tritrophic population interactions. In M. Kogan and P. Jepson eds., Perspectives in Ecology and Integrated Pest management, Cambridge University Press.Gutierrez, A.P., Pitcairn, M.J., Ellis, C.K., Carruthers, N., Ghezelbash, R., 2005. Evaluating biological control of yellow starthistle (Centaurea solstitialis) in California: A GIS based supply–demand demographic model. Biological Control 34: 115-131.Pemsl, D., H. Waibel and A.P. Gutierrez. 2005. Why do some Bt-cotton farmers in China continue to use high levels of pesticides? International J. Agric. Sustainabily3:44-56.Gutierrez, A. P and S. Ponsard, 2006. Physiologically based model of Bt cotton-pest interactions: I. Pink bollworm: resistance, refuges and risk. Ecological Modelling 191:346-359.
Gutierrez, A. P., J.J. Adamcyzk Jr. and S. Ponsard. 2006. A Physiologically based model of Bt cotton-pest interactions: II. bollworm-defoliator-natural enemy interactions. Ecological Modelling 191: 360-382.
Gutierrez, A.P. and J. Baumgartner (in press). Modeling the dynamics of tritrophic population interactions. In M. Kogan and P. Jepson eds., Perspectives in Ecology and Integrated Pest management, Cambridge University Press.
Gutierrez, Andrew Paul, Luigi Ponti, C.K. Ellis and Thibaud d’Oultremont (2006). Analysis of climate effects on agricultural systems: A report to the Governor of California sponsored by the California Climate Change Center. http://www.climatechange.ca.gov/climate_action_team/reports/index.html.
- International Institute of Applied Systems Analysis, Vienna, Austria
- FAO Panel of IPM Experts, Rome, Italy
- Nominated US/NAS & NSF McCarty Prize
- Research Projects voted exemplars by US President's Council on Environmental Quality
- Parasitis Award
- Member of IITA/Nigeria team receiving King Baudouin Award
130 Mulford Hall #3114
Berkeley, CA 94720