Please note, all forms must be submitted at least three weeks in advance, and no later than the third week of the semester to which they apply.
Preparing for the Qualifying Examination
- Forming a Qualifying Exam Committee? Please review this how-to guide for adding a higher degree committee to your Calcentral account. This eForm must be processed by the third week of the semester you intend to take your QE.
- Complete the ESPM QE Survey by the third week of the semester you intend to take the QE.
- Pre-Qualifying Exam Form. Use this form to plan your academic career, form a guiding committee, and form your qualifying exam committee; work with your faculty advisor on this document. Does not need to be submitted to the department.
- Society & Environment QE and PhD Process and Procedures [Google Doc] - a guide to advancing to candidacy for S&E students, including a QE timeline and guide to drafting the dissertation prospectus.
- Reading List Approval Form, Society & Environment Division [PDF]- S&E students should work with their faculty advisor and committee to complete and submit the completed form to the GSAO prior to the qualifying exam.
Post Qualifying Examination
- The annual Doctoral Candidacy Review form can be found on Graduate Division's forms pages. Final submission of this form is due before the first day of the following academic year. Submit the form in Calcentral.
- Finishing Seminar Approval Form [PDF]- This form should be completed/signed and submitted to GSAO prior to filing the dissertation.
Other Department Forms for PhD Students
- Prior to your Advancement to Candidacy: Request for Change in Guiding Professor [PDF]- Completed requests should be submitted to GSAO.
- Need a space to take your examination, or present your finishing talk? Fill out a room reservation here.
Master's Program (Forestry or Range Management) Forms
Please note, all forms will be required to be submitted at least three weeks prior to, and no later than the third week of the semester to which they apply.
- To submit before you finalize your thesis or oral examination: Guiding Committee Form [PDF]- This form is to be completed by students in the MS Range Management and Masters in Forestry programs and submitted to GSAO once plan and committee are determined.
- To complete after you have completed the work: Report on Comprehensive Oral Examination [PDF]- This form is to be completed on the day of the master's student oral examination (Plan II).
Graduate Division Forms
- Graduate Division Forms & Applications- Find qualifying exam applications and advancement to candidacy forms in CalCentral.
- Many student forms are now processed through CalCentral.
- Please review further CalCentral higher degree form assistance and resources here.
Office of the Registrar Forms
Note: You may download a form and are required to bring it to Graduate Student Services for Graduate Advisor signature and filing.