The majority of business and financial services are now handled through the BEST Region.

When you need...

Go to...

What happens next...

To purchase an item/ supplies or To pay a vendor


Purchasing from a vendor is done through BearBuy; examples of vendors include The Faculty Club, Yali's, Berkeley City Club, moving companies, etc. Entertainment and Event Authorization form may be required for some transactions

BEST Region will obtain and verify the required data, create the requisition, and communicate with you (the requester) to complete the transaction

ALL reimbursements (travel, entertainment, other) for NON-EMPLOYEE STUDENTS, and VISITORS -- essentially for anyone without access to the Direct Entry Reimbursement System:

Instructions here towards middle of page

BEST Region will assist in preparing reimbursements for non employees who cannot access the Direct Entry Reimbursement System.

ALL reimbursements (travel, entertainment, other) for STAFF, STUDENT EMPLOYEES, and FACULTY

Entertainment expenses step-by-step video tutorial 

Other expenses PDF instructions and step-by-step video tutorial

Travel expenses instructions 


Online system will process all reimbursement requests for faculty, student employees, and staff.


If you have questions, please contact

A business contract


The Business Contracts Office (BCO) reviews, drafts, negotiates, and executes business contracts for UC Berkeley on behalf of The Regents of the University of California (UC Regents).

A recharge - (click on Campus Shared Services link at the top)

BEST Region will provide recharge (IOC billing transactions and reconciliation, prepare recharge journals, prepare statements, and communicate with you (the requestor) to complete the transaction

To make travel arrangements: e.g. all airfare, Amtrak, hotel reservations (note: only reservations are taken), car rentals

Purchase parking passes for your lab guests.

Parking and Transportation website and purchasing permits website

Note that travel is NOT handled through shared services.  More information can be found on the Berkeley Travel Services page.

Training guide and FAQs on ordering parking permits for lab needs